MashMash's avatar

• Joined Oct 7, 2012
  • ? / M

Fate/stay night

May 21, 2013

To begin with, I have not read the visual novels so this review is solely based on the anime itself.

Watched this after fate zero, just to follow the flow of the story instead of the time of production. I guess I'm more of a picky person. I formulate a good ending and I wish to see that ending in the end just so I can feel satisfied upon finishing the anime. Fate Stay Night offers that and contrasts Fate Zero, where all the bad things happen.

Story 8/10 - Cliched to some extent but there's actually a clearer and more decent plot compared to Fate Zero and these cliched plots never fail to impress and lighten you up. You'll hardly lose focus or get confused in the middle of mindless brawls.

Animation 7/10 - Probably not as flashy as Fate Zero but it's still decent and achieves the effect

Sound 9/10 - I personally love the tracks it really creates the perfect atmosphere to set the scenes in. It's repetitive in various scenes but it's decent overall.

Character 9/10 - The role of the main antagonists and protagonists does not sway or gets stolen by other sideline characters. Throughout the whole anime the focus are always on those main characters namely Rin, Saber and Shirou. You see how their character developes individually along with their relationship with each other, and slowly you'll begin to like each of them. The character developments in this series add value to the anime as a whole and compensates what Fate Zero couldn't achieve.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed it more than Fate Zero given that it has a more focused story and a satisfying conclusion/final episode.

8.3/10 overall