MarkoSinadinovic's avatar

MarkoSinadinovic

• Serbia (Prokuplje)
  • Joined Feb 19, 2010

This is nothing new to fans of the Evangelion TV series. While there are instances in which footage from the extra scenes released in Japan was included in Death & Rebirth, the scenes were minimal, but some of those scenes did lead into a bit more detail into the Evangelion saga. The first part (Death) contained mostly rehashed scenes from the TV series, some of which were altered slightly. In one instance, the tint of the screen and angle of the footage was altered. It is a shame though. You would think that a movie such as this would have a better budget to allow for some new animation. Well, there are some new music clips, but many of these weren't even composed by anyone on the Evangelion staff. The classical pieces played throughout the first part are works of Bach and other composers. But after Death, we finally recognize the true motive of GAINAX. Death turns out to be nothing more than a time consumer to allow for the showing of Rebirth in theaters in Japan. Rebirth is more of an advertisement than it is a movie in itself. Rebirth shows approximately the first half hour of the Evangelion movie, and what a half hour it is. Finally, SEELE has turned its back on Ikari Gendou for not adhering to their plans. SEELE sends in commandos to kill all who work in NERV headquarters (and in a violent manner at that). SEELE has also unleashed the rest of the Eva series to fight Asuka. And that's where it ends. While I liked the second part of the movie, the obvious objective of the movie really turned me off and prevented me from truly enjoying this anime. This DVD is a must-buy only for the hardened Evangelion fan or just a huge collector of anime DVDs.