MarioSpurs

Sun-Ken Rock

BASED ON READING 102 OF 137 CHAPTERS
6 JUN
2011

The story is amazing, the art is amazing and all the characters are so quirky and likeable. It's a shame if this doesn't become an anime but it might be too explicit for some! You can tell that the author tries his best with the work because the amount of research he put into Korea is staggering. He researched cuisine, places, traditions...Just to make the manga more enjoyable to read. Ken, the main character, is an awesome character. Dumb, Happy-go-lucky but badass, he knows when it's time to get serious and when it does, he dishes out punishment like no other. It's not all serious though, it feels light hearted even though it is so "mature". This is due to the super-deformed art style that is used during more unserious moments. I laughed more than a few times while reading this and trust me; you will too. Sun-Ken Rock is one of the better mangas I have read and it's certainly worth your time!

Other Manga Reviews by MarioSpurs

Sun-Ken Rock user review by MarioSpurs

Sun-Ken Rock

go to manga

• Art 9/10

Recent Manga Reviews by MarioSpurs

comments

dakotasapphire avatar dakotasapphire
Feb 25, 2012

nice review. I love that manga.

Theblackswordsman avatar Theblackswordsman
Nov 5, 2011

Read it and loved it. Somebody should add that if you read Shamo, will most likely enjoy Sun-Ken

Zakofae avatar Zakofae
Jun 6, 2011

Well written, I'll be sure to check it out! :)