Mariisa's avatar

• ? / F

Kannazuki no Miko

May 2, 2013

Story | 7.5/10
First of all, I enjoyed this anime and its story. But its concepts aren't all that original. I've seen the miko (priestess) theme in a few anime before. However, the story was little crumpled altogether. The ending was puzzling, but I will not spill the details. Given it's such a short anime, I find the general details too spoilerific to share.

Animation | 8/10
A little choppy when it comes to the battle scenes, but still considerably action-oriented. But I do love how much color there is throughout Kannazuki no Miko. The character designs are lovely, but at the same could have a little more work. Every scene is nicely done, despite any flaws I may have noticed.

Sound | 8.5/10
I loved the opening and ending songs. The music is well-timed for each epic moment and battle scene. But sometimes the music could seem a little off with the subject matter in some scenes. Kannazuki no Miko has catchy or simply nice music as well as music that just pulls on your heartstrings.

Characters | 6.5/10
I love the two main characters Chikane and Himeko. They both develop in their own way, but also barely change at all. Though I adore Chikane Himemiya and Himeko Kurusugawa, I must say the villains and a couple other characters are rather flat or static. The villains hardly have any character development at all... The same goes for the characters who have romantic feelings... To be blunt, I feel as if the villains and a few other characters served little to no purpose whatsoever.

Overall | 7.5/10
Like I've said, a lot about this anime simply cannot be told of. I recommend this anime to anyone who enjoys something a little different from anime that have a priestess(es) and romance. I enjoyed this anime myself, yes, but Kannazuki no Miko could have been a little better.

7.5/10 story