Mariisa's avatar

• ? / F

Cardcaptor Sakura

Feb 19, 2013

Story | 9/10
I really enjoyed reading Cardcaptor Sakura. The story is mystical and breathtaking. The beginning was pure and simple, while the ending made me feel all "floaty," as Sakura would say to express how she felt around certain individuals. The story of Cardcaptor Sakura is truly magical. Throughout the series, we see a young girl develop into a powerful magician. Sakura's relationships were well written and had a positive effect on her character development. She also proves that one's feelings for others can always help attain victory.

Art | 9.5/10
The art is really beautiful and very cute. The moment I opened the first omnibus volume of Cardcaptor Sakura, I was pleasantly surprised with how clean and sharp the manga illustration is. I loved the artwork and details of Cardcaptor Sakura. Each of the Clow Card spirits were beautifully portrayed. Though their anime depictions were truly more vivid and mystical.

Characters | 8.5/10
The characters in Cardcaptor Sakura are lovely and their personalities supported Sakura's role very well. Characters such as Tomoyo Daidouji and Yukito Tsukishiro featured realistic feelings towards Sakura and her happiness. Sakura also discovers a lot about each individual she meets. The growing up Sakura learns about the power of her feelings as well as the significance of her friends and family. I admire the characters' strength of belief in Sakura.

Overall | 9/10
I have witnessed a magical experience while reading Cardcaptor Sakura. It is truly one of the best magical girl classics in the history of anime and manga. I would like to watch the anime version of this series, but for now the manga is enough for me. This manga was really lovely for me to read.  It was definitely worth purchasing the four omnibus volumes of Cardcaptor Sakura.

This manga was a pleasure to read. Certainly worth my money. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys the magical girl genre. Cardcaptor Sakura also has a mystical and mysterious, but charming and lovely feel to it. A very magical read.

9.5/10 art