Marceus

Weiss Survive

12 NOV
2011

Nope, no cardgames on motorcycles here. Disappointing, I know...

Story: Two kids are sent to some strange world for no particular reason and they have to play a silly cardgame... yeah, that's pretty much it. This would be okay except that the cardgame itself makes no goddamn sense so all the action was a huge letdown. I guess it could be trying to parody card game anime but if that's the case then it's not doing a very good job at it...

Animation: Animation is pretty standard. Not bad but nothing special either.

Sound: The music was forgettable and the cartoonish sound effects didn't really help.

Characters: The only one that I found to be somewhat entertaining was the perverted old man and even he was quite annoying most of the time. The others weren't particularily memorable.

Overall: If you like childrens card games then stick to Yugioh or something that actually establishes the game mechanics. Some of the comedy works if you're into that sort of humour but the series was overall pretty dull to me.

Other Anime Reviews by Marceus

Gregory Horror Show user review by Marceus

Gregory Horror Show

Maiden Rose user review by Marceus

Maiden Rose

Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! user review by Marceus

Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!

overall score: 5.5/10

comments

Tsukasa112 avatar Tsukasa112
Apr 11, 2012

I love the Weiss Schwarz cardgame, So i'm just glad an anime for it exists. Your review is pretty accurate though, I'd say this is only for someone who wants to see the cardgame animated; and even then it doesn't do a very good job at it.