Marceus

Bloody Date

10 NOV
2011

Oh, a short anime film that isn't by Yoji Kuri? That's automatically a step up.

Story: While the story is very simple, it's still quite engaging for a silent short film. I actually found myself getting creeped out a bit by what was happening.

Animation: If you're looking for typical anime then you won't find it with these short films. I'm actually quite impressed by the quality here, this sort of stuff is not easy to do and there is clearly a lot of effort put into it. I also love how innocent it looks at first, it kinda throws you off guard.

Sound: The music can be a bit annoying. It starts off rather light hearted but that changes with the story. I didn't really care much for it though...

Character: The killer family is fucking creepy. I didn't think claymation characters could be so  scary... I actually found myself rooting for the girl to make it out alive.

Overall: I'd say this was five minutes well spent. While it's no masterpiece, there is clearly a lot of effort put into it and it's entertaining enough.

Other Anime Reviews by Marceus

overall score: 7.5/10

Popee the Performer user review by Marceus

Popee the Performer

• Characters 7.5/10

comments

LinkSword avatar LinkSword
Nov 11, 2011

Nice little review. Personally I would rate Bloody Date higher overall, but that's mainly because the audio, as simple as it may be, enhanced the tension and creepy mood for me instead of spoiling it. Well used and appropiate, in my opinion.

Other than that one I agree with the other three scores, and all in all this nice short would stand somewhere between a 7.5 and 8 for me.