Marceus

Maiden Rose

15 AUG
2011

The only thing worse than this anime is this review of mine...

There's a war going on (I think), the main character gets raped a couple times and the rapist guy is suspected of being a spy or something... Then they fall in love and live happily ever after... At least that's how I remembered it. I also recall the main characters virginity being a big deal for some reason, but that was completely stupid and irrelevant.

Animation:

Gonna have to update this part a bit... I had originally said that the animation wasn't that bad, but I was wrong, because it's pretty fucking bad. It's complete ass just like everything else in this anime.

Sound:

Can't say I remember any of the music at all... It was pretty forgettable.

These characters were bland and lifeless. They had hardly any personality at all and I find myself absolutely despising the two main characters who were quite possible the worst I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure Taki and Klaus don't even know what a fucking emotion is...

Overall:

This was the first yaoi anime I've ever seen... And while my expectations weren't particularily high, this was still so much worse than I thought it'd be... I wasn't really expecting to find any of the guys attractive since they aren't really my type, but my God they were so boring. I could have at least liked them if they had some sort of personality but there was nothing there at all. The sex scenes were all awkward or disturbing and not the least bit sexy, and there was just so much stupidity going on throughout the entire thing that I just couldn't enjoy any of it. I've been told that the manga is a lot better though so maybe it was just because this was a short 2 episode OVA that it felt so poorly paced.

Updated: July-31-2013