Mairen

Ouran High School Host Club

25 FEB
2012

Here is my fourth review! Even though I've seen a lot more than 4 anime series, I've only just started writing reviews recently. This one will be discussing my thoughts on Ouran High School Host Club.

This was one of those series I decided to give a try simply because it was so popular. I thought that it had to be good if so many people liked it. Funny enough, I couldn't get into it right away, but the more I watched, the more I found myself liking it. By the time I finished the last episode, I can easily say I'm now an Ouran fan myself.

The Good:

The cast of characters is really diverse, and I find each one interesting. You slowly get to learn more and more about each person and their pasts and personalities really shine. Each person has a different flavor to add to this show and it wouldn't be the same if even one of them were missing.The relationship that this club shares with each other is the kind of thing that everyone wishes for among their own friends.

The theme songs were really good! My favorite is certainly the ending. Most of the episodes ended on a really happy scene, so I think that emotion was built into that song for me. Every time I hear it, my heart feels light and I can't help but smile.

I wouldn't classify Ouran as a pure comedy, but there was a good majority of the episdes that I found myself actually laughing out loud do to the antics of the various characters. There's simply some really funny things that happens, and I loved it.

The bad: (?)

I'm used to series that have a main storyline that you experience through each episode. I found this to be a bad thing at first, because once I was finished with an episode, I didn't feel compelled to watch the next one. Each episode in itself seems to be it's own little story. Once you were introduced to the characters, you could almost pick and choose which episodes you wanted to see, because only a few of them were actually connected to each other.

I put a question mark at the end of this "the bad" because it's not really so bad anymore, despite the fact that I at first didn't feel very good about that concept. Ouran works best without some big main epic storyline. It's light and fun. It's my "feel good" anime. I can watch it whenever and not have to worry about forgetting what happened. It's happy and easy.

Other Anime Reviews by Mairen