Mairen's avatar

Mairen

• Joined Oct 8, 2011

The Sacred Blacksmith

Oct 14, 2011

Sacred Blacksmith! I think it's safe to say this was one of my first "fantasy/medieval" themed anime. I'm really into those genres, so it's kind of suprising that I haven't watched more. I'm not going to write a long essay review, because that's not how I do things. I never followed the crowds anyways, so who cares?? Here we go~

The Good Things:

I really liked the setting! The world, the technology, and the dark aspect of a "demon contract" It's that happy simple life where people aren't so lacking in technology that they feel primitave, but it's well enough that everyone can get what they need to live happy and fufilled lives.

Blacksmiths are so wonderful! I admit that's what drew me to this in the first place. I wish our world still had them, I want someone to make me a good battle-spear. I'm really interested in how "traditional" weapons are created.

I love the clothes in this anime! Me being a cosplayer might of had an effect on this. The design of the characters were really detailed, and original, and just lovely!

While the concept of a weapon also being a person might not be a first, it was for me. This is my first experience in it. Who could think that a sword could also turn into such a kind and beautiful lady? But you also feel bad for her because of it, she doesn't know why she was born into such a being, and I don't think she likes killing any more than Cecily does.

The bonds between the characters, especially Cecily and Aria. That's a true pair of friends right there. And I enjoyed seeing Cecily and Luke's relationship slowly start to come to light.

The Bad Things:

It was too short! I felt like they could have done a lot more with the story, expanded on it more or something! I can't tell if it felt rushed, or incomplete. Maybe it'll get a sequel?

While I can appreciate crude humor just as well as the next anime fan, I did feel like them making fun of Cecily's big boobs in just about every episode a little tiring after awhile. I really was amused with it at first because it seemed like someone was finally coming out and making fun of how all anime girls have such large chests. But after hearing about it so often, it just got old.

I was really hoping to see Cecily and Luke hook up in the end. It was strongly hinted, but I guess I would have liked more of a solid confirmation!