Maggie's avatar

• ? / F

Angel Beats!

May 8, 2013

One of the best

If someone is going to make own anime, then they should watch "Angels Beats" to see what good series looks like.

Usually when I start to watch some anime, I often find myself having problems with watching the next episode. A lot of series are not interesting enough and they feel very random. "Angel Beats" is different. The first episode strongly moved me and I couldn't stop myself from watching the whole series. The creators made a very good job and i can really see that!

Action + music make a very good harmony. There is no boring fillers. I was often surprised by twists in the plot. The humor is really good as well - especially the flying chairs and the team's daydreaming during classes.

Few words about the characters: I was a bit disappointed of the fact that I couldn't meet some members of SSS closer. Many of them played a big role but the rest like Shiina, Takamatsu or Noda were only appearing from time to time without anything bigger to do. Too bad because I would like to know why Shiina liked the cute toys or what problem Noda had.

Now few words about Yuri. I heard a lot of comments about her being like Haruhi Suzumiya. I disagree with it. Both characters are leaders, both are getting angry easily and they look similar, however there is a big difference between them in everything else. Yuri is a girl bearing traumatic experiences. She is protective, caring, smart and mature. She worked very hard to save everyone from "disappearing". She was also respected as a leader even by much older people. I won't write too much about Haruhi because the fans of her would be mad, but she is definitely not like Yuri.