MVortex's avatar

• Joined May 25, 2011
  • 20 / ?

Chainsaw Maid

Nov 20, 2011

Why such a high review I hear you cry?

Well, it's because of one shot, but I'll get back to that later.

The story in Chainsaw maid leaves much to be desired, but does at least show that zombies are always blood stained because they vomit their organs before becoming zombies, that clears up a lot of problems.

The animation is to be honest, really rather good, although not a smooth ~24fps, it doesn't lack in detail of characters or gore, however the rooms and sets are all cardboard cutouts.

The sound is mildly innovative, using music to illustrate speech and actions, which although used many times in other media is still somewhat refreshing.

The characters themselves are rather one dimensional, apart from an apparent affair the maid is having with the husband.

However overall I gave this an 8, because of the one sequence of the maid waking up and breaking the glass. Well more like just the breaking of the glass and showing it on the floor. The music cuts out and the sound is sharp leading to a shot the I feel epitomises the zombie survival genre. I couldn't have thought of a better scene of the same length to convey so much (which might be unintentional, but giving the benefit of the doubt).

That one sequence = 10/10