MKanime159's avatar

• Joined Feb 19, 2013
  • ? / F

Soul Eater

Feb 27, 2013

This was one of the very first animes I ever watched. I remember my sister came home from her freinds house, calling my name, laptop in hand. Soul Eater was on that screen. And that was that- I beacame completely hooked. These are my thoughts.

Plot:

SoulEater's plot is very confusing. Very. Confusing. You start out with the first episode, and by the time the 24 minutes are over, you're clueless. The thing about Soul Eater is that the plot doesn't come easy to you, its a little hard to understand the concept based on the first few episodes. Whether that is good or bad is a matter of opion. I personally did not mind that. After you get it though, the plot is very intruiging. Its about this academy made for meisters and their weapons. But there if there is one thing you need to know about SoulEater is that the weapons are people. They can turn into weapons. This astounded me. I just had never though about it before. But... Why not? Why not have people turn into weapons? That is one of the main factors that got me hooked. It wasn't something someone would usually think of- and it pulled me into the place called Death City and its heros.

Animation:

This animation would not win first place in a contest against all those deatailed shoujo animes in which all the charactors look like they could be part of a modeling company. But what I love about this anime's animation and art is how simplistic it can be and still fit so well with the charactors. If you changed the animation of that of a perfect Shoujo anime, I would have never watched. It just wouldn't fit with the charactors, mood, and plotline of the anime. The perfect final touch of an anime is its animation- and this anime nailed it for me.

Without its character, you wouldn't have an anime. These characters are the types of charactors I love- ones with flaws. If you made a character without flaws, your story would stink. Soul Eater has the complete oppisite; Soul Eater has each main character have a flaw. Some one completely centered, some one a little OCD, you name it. And it just gives the anime and manga the pefect touch I love.

Overall:

If there was one I could say about this anime-is watch it. You'll be glad you did.