Lurddoc

BASED ON 2 OF 26 EPS DROPPED
14 JAN
2011

Starry Sky

Starry Sky is a series about a woman surrounded by a harem of men. The series is based off an otome game targeted at a female audience. The series is webcast online through a series of 11 minute episodes. Due to the success of Hetalia and it's 5 minute webcast. You would figure that this series being the first otome based anime to be successful, similarly to Amagami SS. However, where Amagami SS satisfies, Starry Sky disappoints. Now it is not the storyline that is the problem, the main problem lies within the genre and amount of time allowed it is given. As a romance, you want to get a feel for the couple or characters that are possibly going to pair up. It is hard to go in depth in just a matter of 11 minutes without it feeling rushed, too slow, or too superficial. It requires more time to truly develop the relationships and characters within the story. It is for this reason, that I feel that the anime has suffered because of the time restriction. The overall storyline seems generic/decent with a somewhat unique cast of characters with well-known male lead voice actors. I did find the animation to be very well-done.

Starry Sky Animation

Ultimately, otome-game players/girls/women deserve better. I would highly support a remake of this series into a fully-fledged 22 minute long anime series/season.

Other Anime Reviews by Lurddoc

Starry☆Sky user review by Lurddoc

Starry☆Sky

• Characters 6.5/10

Recent Anime Reviews by Lurddoc

comments

Aro avatar Aro
Apr 12, 2011

I would ordinarily be averse to an review based on two episodes, but you just put in two what I saw through ten. You have my support here.