LunarNeko's avatar

• Joined Nov 10, 2011

Ergo Proxy

Mar 4, 2012

Story - 5/10

Well... where should I begin? I honestly haven't got the story very clearly in front of me. Ergo Proxy is not the anime to watch if you're half asleep after being up all night, like I was.

To me, the story just seems either way too complicated, or just way too simple. It's interesting to follow for sure, but you can't help but feeling a little bit lost throughout the anime... and you will keep feeling lost even after you finished it.

Animation - 10/10

I gotta say - even if I watched this online with crappy video quality, it looks gorgeous. The visuals are purely stunning. The anime have a rare unique feeling to it. It's dark, gothic, cyberpunk style have captured my heart and leaves me wanting more. The visuals were actually one of the reasons I kept watching this anime to the very end.

Sound - 10/10

The music matches the anime perfectly. I purely love it! It feels as unique as the art-style. I could easily listen to some of these songs over and over again.

Characters - 8/10

The characters are okay. They all feel very different and, ironically, human. You don't get to know many characters very well. You'll have to imagine their backstories for yourself...

Overall - 7.5/10

I think it's a good anime. It was very interesting to watch and I'd really like to rewatch it some day.

Thank you for taking your time with reading my review! I'd also like to say that it's my second review and my mother language isn't english, but I did my best!

// LunarNeko

Singan says...

So, the only low rating you gave was for the story that you didn't get because you didn't sleep at night? xD

Well, it is natural for a lunar neko to be active at night - I'm myself something of that kind =) However, I strongly recommend you to rewatch it attentively - you will understand it much better and like it much more. Ergo Proxy is that kind of anime: the more you watch, the better it gets.

May 25, 2012