Lumineux's avatar

• Joined Apr 28, 2007
  • 44 / ?

Highschool of the Dead

Sep 17, 2010

"Oh man...", that's all I can say so far. I was quite excited to see this anime because it had zombies. After all, there's very few out there at the moment. So as the genre goes, the highschool of the protagonists gets an outbreak of zombies in the Resident Evil Fashion. They fend them off (its funny cuz the zombies are called 'Them') and try to survive in the city.

Animation-

Very clear, very Crisp. there's still moments where it seemed like the creators were on a budget (very few moments though).

Characters-

Boobs, and lots of it! Im not the type of person to hate fanservice, but I have to admit that alot of the fanservice is a bit silly and unnecessary. I found myself laughing often, as those scenes come up frequently (I bursted out laughing when i saw the boobs jiggle literally like jello). Based on this series, i can conclude that the girls with big boobs have a higher survival rate. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the girls used their knockers to deliver head blunt trauma to the zombies.

On the serious side, the male characters are nothing spectacular. The all around good guy leader, and a nerdy fanatic obsessed with guns. For the harem of girls, different hair, different voice, slight range in personality, similar body, similiar quota to show their boobs. Not really bashing them for it, its just excessive.

Conclusion- I was expecting the rinse repeat format in how the story goes (zombies come, survivors struggle to live another day). The last few episodes did not change much story wise, besides the slight change in character perspective. I was expecting a longer story, but a season 2 is suggested.

9.5/10 animation

Buumis says...

haha :D great review so far

Sep 18, 2010