Kyrok's avatar

• Florida, USA
  • Joined Oct 12, 2008

Steins;Gate

Dec 26, 2012

Steins;Gate…. holy crap. This show just… It was just perfect. Really. Drama, Comedy, Action, Mind Fuck, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Romance… this faggot has it all and it works, and that’s important.

When I was first reccomended this show I was told very little about the actual show, the guy told me any spoilers no matter how minor would just ruin the experience, and now that I have seen it I really understand what he meant. This show is 100x more rewarding if you have absolutely no idea whats happening or what is going to happen. Mainly because its the level of “what the hell is going on” and just the insanely perfect way its all delivered to you bite by tiny bite that when its all done and over with you just like damn, this…. this was great.

To give you a basic run down of the series, it follows self proclaimed mad scientist Rintaro Okabe in the year 2010 in Akihabara, Tokyo, Japan. Him along with his friends whom are both long time friends and new acquaintances. Participate in a “Future Gadget Lab” ran out of Okabe’s apartment. Early on Okabe accidentally creates a time machine using a microwave and a cell phone that allows him to send text messages to the past. The series focuses on the many circumstances and consequences that await him and his friends due to their tampering with time.

But really this show has it all, it has science, it has crazy people, there’s guns, there’s time travel, there’s fat nerdy dudes, there’s lab coats, there cute girls, there’s memes, and through it all a great adventure that will have you at the edge of your seat the entire time.

Don’t worry if your confused, or can’t see the direction the story is going, it will all make sense in time, and even when you think you’ve found the ending, you really havn’t, this show will keep you guessing and you will never cover every base, every time anything happens it will take you by surprise and you’ll love it for that.

Also, this show will make you want Dr. Pepper, and probably a lab coat, it’s okay, its completely natural. Besides, Dr. Pepper and lab coats are awesome.

That is really all I can say about this show, go watch it, love it, thank me later.