Kraecha

Blank Slate

BASED ON 2 OF 2 VOLUMES READ
16 JAN
2010

Blank Slate, or Akusaga is a short manga - it has only 8 chapters, but it certeinly is an interestiong position.

The main character of the story is Zen, a man without any restraints, who thinks nothing of law. He steals, he kills, he destroys the world. He wants to be completely free and if anyone dares to control him, he will suffer greatly.

But Zen has one weakness - he can't remember anything about his past. In fact, he doesn't even know his own name... And as a 'perfect weapon', he cannot let himself posses the slighest weaknes.

Art:

Well, i took up this manga because of the artwork. The mangaka did great job on this one. Each character has it's own style and their facial expressions are all diiferent. Moreover, the backgrounds are full of details and you can tell, that while drawing weapons, the author made some research.

The main character is certainly a very interesting person and he is the main attraction of the manga. His "friends", or rather partners in crime are also quite interesting personas. For instance, the bounty hunter, who was supposed to kill Zen, but after seeing him in action decided to help him. I can guarantee, that every person you will see in Akusaga, will eventualy surprise you greatly.

Overall:

For those who like military and action, this manga is a definite must. Interesting plot, with fascinating main character (not to mention, that all the characters, both male and female, are drop-dead gorgous) and amazing fighting scenes make this story a truly exceptional manga.

Other Manga Reviews by Kraecha

Beast Master user review by Kraecha

Beast Master

Blank Slate user review by Kraecha

Blank Slate

go to manga

• Art 10/10

Recent Manga Reviews by Kraecha

comments

AlexieELLEGARDEN avatar AlexieELLEGARDEN
Aug 17, 2011

Good review, I definitely agree! My friend reccomended it &I read both volumes rather quickly, only to find out at the end it was just a two-volume series, which made me sad...I could see the story going on longer, since the mangaka developed the characters well. It's a shame she didn't make it to be a longer story/series :|

Txii avatar Txii
Jan 21, 2010

I definitely agree with this review. I stumbled upon it in Books a millino a few months a go, read it, and was extremely ploeased. My only real problem with it was the fact that the mangaka developed the characters so well, but then cut the story short. Also, the fact that she killed off the guy who was originally telling the story, I liked him a lot.  I guess it couldn't be helped, since Kanno only expected for it to be a one-shot. But I wish that she would have developed to make for a longer story...