Komirai's avatar

Komirai

• Joined Jul 7, 2012

I have to admit I did not really enjoy this special as much as I did the series. The artwork seemed to be very different to what I had seen previously, and they did use some strange techniques in the special. Gladly the characters were still recognisable, except for Seiji who seems to have aged considerably.

There were some odd moments, especially with grandfather and Elfried and an octopus (dont tell anybody), and poor Haiji gets the short end of the stick from Art. I did like Haiji as a character throughout the series and I had to admire her pluckiness once again.

The Twinns are still complete opposites and if Hazuki had not overshadowed everybody else in kawaii factor they would easily have come out tops.

Hazuki... what can we say? still a brat, still cute and still precocious but she seemed so much different to the anime and manga in this special. I did feel she matured a lot from before, and she was very likeable. But, being Hazuki she does drift from one extreme to another.

The story is medicocre, the ending lousy, and there is very little that makes this a closing of the series. When viewed on its own it is barely watchable, when viewed as episode 26 of the series it is pretty poor.