Komirai

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

8 JUN
2013

Usually I'm not the type to watch romantic comedies, only because of how cliche most are. This anime isn't an exception. Although what most rom-coms try to do is have a unique characteristic that separates from the normal.

Story: 6
The romantic comedies I've seen always has a typical setting for it's story. You've got your typical male somehow attracting people of the opposite sex to do your dirty work for you. Okay, that's a bit of an overstatement but you know what I mean. You have a new student who comes around and takes advantage of our main character Eita. He is entirely not interested in love and is recovering from a middle school like syndrome where he has a mindset of thinking he's someone called "Burning Fighting Fighter". Because of this, she uses him as a way for other guys to not constantly ask her out by having him be her boyfriend, and to make sure he doesn't do anything wrong, she uses a notebook of his experience as the Burning Fighting Fighter. It sounds like a nice story to step foot on, but that's what really "starts" the anime.

Art: 9
A unique aspect of this anime is it's art. Bright, vibrant colors that separates other anime. It's opening and ending truly stand out to show it's nice art. Although at some points it feels really bright as if someone wanted to turn the contrast of the anime to unnecessary amounts. Doesn't bug me, but people seem to be a bit annoyed by it.

Sound: 8
You've got your catchy opening and ending, enough to bring the audience to actually watch the first episode. It gets in your head for quite some time too. It's use of music during the anime doesn't interests me that much, but it's nice really.

Character: 6
Now this is when I'm a bit annoyed about the main character. Eita is extremely clueless when it comes to the girls showing their affection. ALL the girls like him. That's the point of a harem, but it's irritating to see how narrow-minded he is. Yes I know he's uninterested in love. I just never thought he'll be this clueless. He's still a likable character by being a helpful person to all his women.
There's a total of four girls that appear in the anime. First you have your mean, tsundere-like figure who uses Eita as she slowly starts liking him. Next you have your child-hood friend who doesn't like that fact that Eita is dating someone, as she has feelings for him too. You then have a character who similarly has a middle school syndrome and remembers Eita from her past life and wants to be united. Lastly you have another tsundere-like character who has a crush on Eita. I'm just trying to be brief about this as you have to watch the anime to find more back ground information about them, as it's what really drives the story forward.

Overall: 7
Not the best. Not the worst. It's unique in a way with it's story and a bit of the characters. If you are looking for an anime that is a romantic comedy harem. Then step no further as this will fit your needs.

Other Anime Reviews by Komirai