KittyEmperor

FLCL

26 FEB
2011

What to say about Fooly Cooly well actually a bigger problem might be where to begin.  How about we start with this FLCL isn't an anime that is going to be liked by everyone.  In all honesty I'm fairly sure that you're either going to love FLCL or you're going to hate it.  I haven't meet anyone that I can think of that falls towards the middle, they didn't love it at the sametime they didn't hate it either.  The story for FLCL isn't really all that of a simple one and I would have to say that one would need to watch it mulitple times in order to fully understand everything.  Though I've seen like 5 times already and still don't fully understand everything, but then again that could just be me.  Needless to say that FLCL is interesting in more than one way.  Probably the most obvious of way is the animation still which employees a variety of different techinques within one episode.  Though I for one rather enjoyed seeing all the different styles used it probably won't be something that everyone will enjoy.  The sound or more specifically the soundtrack is probably the only major problem with the anime in my opinion.  Its not that the soundtrack was really all that bad but the lack of variety in the music got to be very repetitive very quickly.  Though the voice actors were all wonderfull both the english and japanese cast.  As for the characters themselves will pretty much like the anime you're either going to love or hate them and just like the anime you're going to have to watch it a couple times in order to pick up everything in the conversations.  Overall FLCL is something that won't be everyone's cup of tea and you'll either love it or hate it, but if your looking for something that is rather out there then look no further than FLCL.

Other Anime Reviews by KittyEmperor