KittyEmperor's avatar

• On my throne in Catopia
  • Joined Jan 6, 2010

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

Feb 12, 2011

The Story: Say hello to Makoto Konno a tomboy who spends most of her time hanging out with her two male friends doing things like playing baseball or some other such thing.  But that all changes the day that she gains the ability to jump through time.  So what does she do with this power will she for the most part uses the power to make her live easier and fix things that would have otherwise made it difficult.  Which of course in my opinion leads to some rather humorous situations.  So sounds interesting right who doesn't love a comedy about a time jumping girl, but then things begin to change as she starts to use her power to do things like say messing with people lifes or avoid something that would be especially troublesome for her.  The result of which lead to some unforeseen consquences.

The Animation: The characters by and large resemble characters that you would come to expect from Ghibli and the characters move about within their worlds in a realistic sort of way.  As for the backgrounds well they do what backgrounds do and fade into the background so nothing ever really stands out.  It's not bad, but it isn't that good either. Though I will say that when it comes to the time-traveling scenes things don't look quite as good as the rest of the scenes.

The Sound: The soundtrack was rather nicely done and did an excellent job in setting the mood for the movie.  All of the voice actors do their jobs well though I will say that I found it almost impossible not to fall in love with the heroine's voice.

The Characters: The characters were like many of Ghibli's characters were all nicely done and all came across as being natural and relatable instead of characters in other series that have a rahter unbelievable feel to them.

Overall if you're looking for a great movie to spend a couple of hours watching then look no further than Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo since you find many movies that are better.