KinkyRice's avatar

• Nevada
  • Joined Jan 11, 2013

Diabolik Lovers

Oct 15, 2013

First off I definitely would not reccomend this anime for people with slight of heart towards things like borderline rape or domestic violence.

But, if you are like me, a person who watches things with an open mind. You'll find a lot to be enjoyed with this anime. I'm not too keen with the set up, it's like boy-of-the-week as opposed to getting to the actual story at hand. The who is she part and what happened in her father's past part is completely ignored almost. Instead the anime focuses on her and the guys, they man-handle her and treat her with utmost disrespect because she is like an insect to them. I love the dialogue alot in this anime. Some of it shocks me as well. And I like it when something can make me go "OMG" or gasp as what is hapening on screen. I like the voice acting, it's really believeable. The art style is  gorgeous. I am in love with the guys' character outlines. Especially Kanato, spoiled little rich guys are my fave and so is Yuki Kaji so I'm probably biased against his character more so for the voice. Overall and I'm not going to lie it could have been done better the anime hasn't finished airing but I know it will have a predictbable open ending as with all Otome game based anime, and since all episodes are short and like webisodes I dont expect it to be coming back. It really makes me want to play the game though, so I think it's job is done. I'm definitely looking into buying a copy of the Otome-ge.

9.5/10 animation