KingFaisal's avatar

• Joined Sep 14, 2011
  • ? / M

Okami-san & Her Seven Companions

Sep 29, 2011

This review contains NO spoliers! During my browsing for a new show, I encountered Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi. I casually watched a couple of episodes a day, over the course of the past week.

Animation: Ookami-san's animation is very pleasent. The fight scenes are smooth and slick. Scenery and backgrounds possess a fair level of detail. The characters have some design choices I wouldn't make, but they are drawn decently. I didn't care for Ookami's overall style at all; in contrast, Hitsujikai's design is great. In-fact, the rest of the characters are all pretty... See full review

Hana-Saku Iroha

Sep 26, 2011

This review contains NO spoilers!

Picked this show up about 16 episodes through the season. Marathoned those, then watched the rest as it came out. Animation: Hanasaku Iroha looks very pretty. Scenery looks terrific and is very detailed. The female characters are drawn very strangely, which is my main issue with this anime's animation.

Sound: The OP and ED are decent. Barely any music plays during the show, which isn't all too bad to be honest. I don't remember much really standing out. Some ambient noises would've been nice.

Kanae Itou does a great job of playing Ohana... See full review

Durarara!!

Sep 20, 2011

"Even I find it hard to trust me sometimes" - Izaya Orihara This review contains NO spoilers! I was told to watch Durarara!! by a good friend of mine, but I was a bit put off by the description of the black rider and everything. Thus, I waited a while before giving it a go. Glad I did. I watched Durarara!! episodes 1-24 in dub, along with 25 and 12.5 in sub.

Animation: This show's 720p broadcast looks great due to the clean drawings, smooth animations, and great character design. The scenery is also fantastically detailed; this creates a great sense of immersion into Durarara's... See full review

Clannad After Story

Sep 15, 2011

This review contains NO spoilers!
Having just finished the legendary Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I was looking for a new anime to marathon. A friend of mine recommended Clannad, which had been lying around for a while. I can't say I was very impressed. It was OK, but the hype just didn't get to me (UPDATE: rewatched Clannad, it's a 10/10). Following that I decide to stop at episode 22 and call it quits. Doubting I was going to watch After Story, I decide to spoil the plot..... Now this review is being written. Animation:
The first thing you have to talk about in an anime is the animation! Clannad... See full review