KingArthur13th's avatar

KingArthur13th

• Dead Moon Castle
  • Joined Sep 20, 2012

Sakurasou no pet na Kanojo is an amazing romantic comedy between a young ordinary teen named Sorata Kanda and an amazing savant named Mashiro Shiina. Sorata is stuck in a slightly run down dorm called Sakurasou where he shares space with an incredibly intriguing and somewhat crazy group of people. During his time in Sakurasou, Sorata begins to realize that the other dorm mates are all above average and highly talented people, well all except for him that is. Throughout the series, you see our main character Sorata go through a number of funny, saddening, uplifting and inspirational moments that by the end of it all delivers an incredible story. Sakurasou no Pet na Knaojo (in my honest opinion) is even better then Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!, another romantic comedy that I enjoyed tremendously.

This anime is a great slice of life anime that shows the trials and tribulations of a group of teens that attempt to reach their dreams while handling the daily issues of your average teenager. The lives of Sorata and his dorm mates are happy at times and depressing at others. This series contains a talented cast of characters whose lives are filled with plenty of life lessons for you while enjoying a ton of hilarious and dramatic moments. This includes old and still true life lessons like "life isn't fair", "never give up on your dream", "when you fail, just try again", and "always reach for the stars."

Sorata, prompted by the incredible feats of his fellow dorm mates undergoes a transformation over the course of the 24 episode series, turning from a wimpy loser to a confident teen who doesn't hesitate to pursue his dream. Our dear Mashiro is a young savant who is less then capable in taking care of herself but is a world renown artist who is isn't too keen on showing emotions. Over the course of the series we see her undergo a transformation as well. It isn't just the main characters that go through this transformation but also the secondary characters like Misaki and Jin, delivering a great demonstration of realization, creating great character development.

By the end of this great series, I guarantee that you'll walk away satisfied, yet also sadden when it all ends. Sakurasou no Pet na Kaonjo is a great show that manages to balance comedy and reality perfectly, even though it leaves a bit to be desired in terms of romance. There is suppose to be a budding romance between the main duo, Sorata and Mashiro but that seems to slightly fade out and begins to move over for the hard reality based lessons of life. To put it simply, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo slowly transitions from a romantic comedy to a hard knock slice of life anime with comic relief included. Not to say that that's a bad thing, in fact it's still an amazing anime regardless but I would of liked to see more of a growing romantic relationship between Mashiro and Sorata. There was actually more of a romantic development between Misaki and Jin then there was between the main duo which is somewhat disappointing. Nevertheless, I encourage you to watch. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is definitely a great anime to be enjoyed.

8.5/10 animation