KingArthur13th

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!

20 DEC
2012

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! is a great anime, especially for those who can't get enough of romantic comedies. I must admit, the romantic part of the anime doesn't really kick in until about episode 7 or 8, but enjoy the hilarious antics of our main cast up until then. Our main duo consist of Togashi Yuuta who used to suffer from Chuunibyou (8th Grade Syndrome) and Takanashi Rikka who still has it. The other main cast consist of Kumin Tsuyuri,  Mikoto Isshiki, Shinka Nibutani and my favorite character Dekomori Sanae who also has Chuunibyou and calls Rikka her master. Before I can go into telling you what this anime is about, you must first understand what is Chuunibyou. Chuunibyou is sort of like playing pretend, you know back when you were younger and you used to play things like house, doctor or maybe cowboys and robbers. The only difference is that people with this syndrome are normally in the 8th grade and take their pretend world very seriously which is what lays down the comedy sketches in this show. Now for those who have forgotten this condition and moved on like Yuuta has, that time of their life is the most embarrassing moment of their entire life and it is something they would like to forget. When someone like Rikka comes along and begins to make Yuuta relive that embarrassing time over and over again, it's quite aggravating for him but is hilarious for us the viewer. As the show progresses we get to see how and why Rikka developed Chuunibyou and eventually her and Yuuta begin to fall in love as a result, but this blossoming romance brings another problem. As Rikka's Chuunibyou induced make believe world begins to collide with reality, this brings an ultimatum that produces a somewhat tragic scene that I don't want to spoil it for you so I will let you see for yourself. Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai is only funny for those who understand the art of randomness, but those who are looking for actual punchlines and such, go somewhere else. The characters are each unique in their own way and each play a role in the comedy that makes this anime so funny, and the overall plot is well put together, smoothly building up each episode until it creates a magnificent and beautiful climax that makes you want to stand up and start clapping as if you just got finished watching Titanic (not to say this anime is as good as Titanic).

Other Anime Reviews by KingArthur13th

Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil user review by KingArthur13th

Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil

• Story 8.5/10
  • Sound 7.5/10

comments

kio3459 avatar kio3459
Dec 25, 2012

I gotta say I thought this anime was fantastic!  Thank you for your review.. I compeltely agree with the rating (I tend to be harsh on my ratings).  Rikka is great, the ending left me clapping.  A week ago before I watch any eps I saw that most reviews were giving this anime 2/10.  It made me wonder what was going on with this anime.. but Im glad that I watched it.  The first couple of EPS left me laughing (Im pretty sure I've rewatched the eps 1-4 tons of times by now).  This past year theres been a ton of romantic-comedy animes coming and I found this to be the best of all of them.

Heres hoping they do another season! With Rikka doing her thing (I'd love to see her antics while shes in GF mode/dating the Dark Flame Master)!!!