KashiiAlcuin's avatar

• Joined Nov 30, 2012
  • 26 / ?

Gosick

Dec 14, 2012

Before writting this review I wanted to see what other people thought as I went into this series blind. Alot of the negative reviews I read the reviewer stated that they had seen other reviews from people who enjoyed it and so went in with high expectations only to have their feelings dashed, some went in expecting a mystery type.

Story: While Gosick could be classified as a mystery type it's more so a romance with your average boy falling in love with your typical tsundre/loli type it just so happens that they solve random cases along the way. If you go in expecting it to be a sherlock holmes or detective conan type mystery anime you'll be sorely disappointed. This anime is more like Toradora! to the point that Taiga and Victorique look similar, act similar and could be interchangable in truth. The last 2 or 3 episodes are the most engaging but the first few episodes are rather slow to start.

Animation: Not too much to say few things I didn't like but it worked well with the show.

Sounds:  The voice actors were PHENOMENAL, the opening theme intersting and catchy, the ending themes while apropro were just not captivating and after hearing them once or twice usually i skipped them.

Characters: other than Kujo being a little too "upbeat" I liked the characters.