KashiiAlcuin's avatar

• Joined Nov 30, 2012
  • 26 / ?

Kuroshitsuji

Dec 12, 2012

Kuroshitsuji aka Black Butler is a story about a boy named Ciel Phantomhive who sells his soul to a demon in order to exact revenge against those who ruined his life and while he is trying to discover who and what he exactly wants revenge on he solves a multitude of crimes for the Queen in late 19th century England.

Story: The story line is pretty decent I enjoyed it but often times I found myself wondering about certain things that were never clearly explained such as the reaper/angel/demon relationships and the last few episodes which really pissed me off as they left a pile of questions, no answer, and led to the crap that is known as Kuroshitsuji 2.

Characters: The character development in this series was rather 2D and in some instances 1D too many character motivations were not clearly explained. Sebastian was entirely TOO perfect although he was also extremely badass. Ciel was more like a reoccuring support character used to bolster the awesomeness that is Sebastian. Grell and Tanaka were the MOST irritating characters created and although I think they were intended to provide comic relief they ended up irritating me more often than not. Other than Sebastian only Undertaker was an interesting character.

Animation: The artwork is beautiful and extremely well done, the animation smooth all in all there are no flaws with the animation.

Sound: So-so opening and ending themes. Japanese voices were ok but the English dub is a personal favorite.

Overall: I really enjoyed it but it could have been developed better.