Kari5's avatar

Kari5

• Eastern Canada
  • Joined Nov 20, 2007

When I finally got into the first season of FMA, I couldn't believe how great it was. It was already dubbed by this point (seemed I was one of the few who hadn't seen it yet), and I didn't quite believe the hordes of fans that had popped up (dub fans tend to drool over shows like Naruto >.>), but for some reason I picked it up anyway. I quickly ate through the episodes, realizing it just kept getting better and better. One of the best anime I've ever seen. Now, enter Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

How is is possible that Brotherhood is even better than it's predecessor? After a few episodes I noticed how different it was from the original; character names, character emotional development, plot, homoculus...it was all different. And so much better. Taking after the manga, FMA: Brotherhood is somewhat of a remake of the original.

The story is amazing. It takes the great plot from the first show, but expands in a different direction. Ed and Al are sill on a journey to find their bodies, learn the secret of the philosopher's stone, and find out who's really in charge of the military. It's original, flows nicely, and is the perfect blend of action, drama, and comedy. I'm always looking forward to the next episode.

The characters are fantastic, and we've given an even better look at their lives and emotions in this show. It's really easy to get attached to them since they're so believable.

My poor writing skills can't grasp the sheer epicness of this anime. Both new and old fans should check this out for sure. It's not directly related to the original anime, so new fans can jump right in. I never gave out a 10/10 yet, and doubt I will anytime soon. Go watch it, it'll be a while before something great like this comes out again ^-^

(based off 38 episodes)

8.5/10 animation

Thunderbird says...

Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood is defintely one of the best animes around,

the only downside are the introducing episodes that repeat a part of the old FMA in a rush. This part of the story were better in the origninal one, but after that it begins to be epic.  You just want to coninue watching episode for episode. If you haven't watched it yet, do that!

Jun 3, 2010
Sajo says...

When I first started watching this, I was quite upset when I realized it was a remake or rather alternate telling.  And then I watched more and became upset when I ran out of episodes and was forced to wait for more.

Mar 17, 2010
Anathemus says...

I know what you mean, I just started watching the show and I've watched 15 eps in two days! It's some of the best anime around!!

Haven't been this excited since Death Note