Kari5

Asura Cryin'

9 NOV
2009

Asura Cryin. Such major disappointment.

For most of the first episode, this show looked interesting. It’s about a high school student named Tomoharu who lives with a ghost, that only he can see, that wou ld no doubt become his love interest. I don’t exactly know why, but I thought this was a neat idea and was looking forward to a good show.

Boy, was I ever wrong.

The episode went fine, (until the end), but after that hell breaks loose and suddenly there are secret organizations, mechas, people blowing up parts of Tomoharu’s house, women with rockets coming out of her their legs, demons, the science club, ghosts, monsters, and random regular high school moments mixed together. Tons of characters of every type are thrown at you in a few episodes and the story seems to get more and more complex (with minimal being properly explained).

The result is a complete mess of a show. It had a few interesting moments, but the large picture is hard to understand, and I felt lost most of the time.

Other Anime Reviews by Kari5

Tears to Tiara

overall score: 5.5/10

• Sound N/A
  • Characters 4.5/10

comments

LinkSword avatar LinkSword
Dec 3, 2009

Agreed. I stalled it after six episodes a few months ago. Today I watched #7 and will finish the series ''just to end what I started'' xD.

If I had to point a positive thing, that'd be... errr... the OP music. Yeah. Nothing else. And I was hoping (like you) a pretty nice show. Oh well... -.-