Kari5

Tears to Tiara

2 NOV
2009

Tears is a fantasy action series. However, when it began it was looking more like a harem. Every episode a new female came in. But it seems the writers eventually forgot they were writing a harem and made it interesting again.

The plot turned out okay, although it started off really slow. The second half had much more things going on, less useless episodes. Overall, it felt like some episodes were missing or rushed, but that could be because it was based off a large video game.

The characters were all generic and boring. Arthur was just plain dumb and annoying 90% of the time. Arwen was kind of cool, and the episodes about his history were some of the best episodes. There's tons of women (including the massively annoying Rhiannon who's lines consist mostly of "Onii-sama" and "Arawn-sama"), but at least they avoid horrible harem romantic comedy moments (luckily it's more battled based).

Overall, I don't recommend it. It does get better, but the beginning of the show isn't worth sitting through.

Other Anime Reviews by Kari5

gdgd Fairies user review by Kari5

gdgd Fairies

Senyuu. 2 user review by Kari5

Senyuu. 2

Teekyuu 2 user review by Kari5

Teekyuu 2

• Overall 5.5/10

comments

Zeroblade4201 avatar Zeroblade4201
Dec 29, 2009

Nice review, I was thinking about watching it since I played the game and all, still thinking about it though but probally won't til I get a lot of others out of the way first ^^;