Karasuma's avatar

Karasuma

• Ohio
  • Joined Apr 9, 2010

When I actually started reading this I didn't know it was an Akatsuki manga. The same person that wrote/drew Love Hina. Though there was a huge time gap between Love Hina and Mahou Sensei Negima!. The only reason I really even noticed was because the art work looked familar, so I checked the author. But since I now knew that Akatsuki was writing this manga, I knew it was going to be good.

This was the first manga I'd read that was centered around magic. As I kept reading from the start, the story got deeper and much more interesting. There are a lot of parts in this manga that are very surprising. Surprising things that lead me to chuckle or ball out in laughter or go wide-eyed and say "holy crap!". This manga just keeps getting better and better as I read it, and more interesting to read.

What I like most about this story is how much the characters have changed, especially Miyazaki Nodoka, who seems to have changed the most, undoubtedly. It's the things in the manga that she does now, the risks she takes, the things she does and the things she says that make me realise that Nodoka has undergone a near complete personality reversal. Or that's how I would put it. The Nodoka in the present time of the story is my favorite. I could actually say that she's my favorite character. What astounds me is that she used to be a very shy and reserved, ordianary love-struck girl with a crush on her teacher. And she transformed within a period of two or three months into a smart, very brave and outgoing abnormal girl with a crush on her teacher.

Aside from the magic theme of the story, I was completely taken back by the amount of characters the story holds, and the deep level of detail for each character that has thus far made an impact in the story line. From the start I didn't think that Akamatsu was going to be able to integrate over thirty characters from chapter one and keep that line going perfectly.

Though now I've finally finished reading up to chapter 285, I'll probably update this review with a brief opinion on good new chapters that come out weekly, so probably not all of them.

RingoStarr1991 says...

I was going to write a review for this manga after seeing that other one someone did giving it a 3/10 (idiot) but you seem to have the same opinions as myself. I liked how the story evolves from a slice of live, school based drama into a fighing, adventure manga. I would give it a 9 as there are some parts that drag and are un-interesting but good review.

Aug 14, 2011
Roman says...

You are giving this series faaaaar too much credit, I can tell you that. 10? Come on. The plot is shallow, forced, stupid and stretched out so much it would even make Eiichiro Oda green with envy.

May 4, 2010