JtkBasketball's avatar

JtkBasketball

• Joined Sep 3, 2012

Beelzebub

Oct 7, 2012

Beelzebub is a great manga that gets you hooked instantly. I read the first chapter and did not think too much of it, but then by chapter 5 I could not stop reading. So here I am 4 days later having read the whole series now.

Story: The story in Beelzebub is really good. High school delinquent Oda has been chosen to raise the son of the demon king. He is a bad-ass character who beats up everyone in sight. Oda goes to an all delinquent school where there is trouble around every corner. The story itself goes a few different ways. The first twenty chapters have Oda only being cruel and there are some sweet fights. Then the story starts to take on longer arcs and the difference in power between some characters seems questionable at times, but that is just me nit picking. The one thing that continues throughout the entire manga is the comedy. I have never read such a funny manga. I was constantly laughing out loud and embarrassing myself. The balance in this manga is what makes it great. The fights are amazing and very serious, but the comedy aspect is always present and only adds to the moment. I really enjoyed everything this manga had to offer.

Art: The art is cool and looks good. It is not amazing, but it is done very well. The characters look great, and everything is clear. The fights are shown well and easy to follow. I really enjoy the facial expressions that are used throughout. Some of the faces are really funny or really scary or intense. There are also some creatures or demons that are really well designed and look great. The art never cuts corners in this manga and it shows.

Characters: The characters are excellent in Beelzebub. There are many many characters and they are all unique. Every character is unique and has a cool story to them. Looking back it is funny because out of all of the delinquents in this show, none of them were shown to be poor. You got every kind of character you could ask for in this show: demons, babies, baby demons, rich, yakuza, swordsman, oblivious, hot-headed, guys with pigtails, girls who are guys, rival schools. Just about anything you can think of. I love the characters, even the villains.

Overall: This manga was addicting and very fun. It has awesome fights, and ridiculously funny parts. If you are looking for a unique manga that is action packed and full of comedy then this is for you. Love everything about this manga :D