JtkBasketball's avatar

JtkBasketball

• Joined Sep 3, 2012

Let's Lagoon

Apr 9, 2013

Let's Lagoon starts off on an unknown, uncharted island. This simple concept starts off the manga, but as it progresses it turns into a very unique mystery/adventure.

The manga has a few genres that it covers.

Survival: The manga has survival aspects, but not too much detail. Just some basic food, water, and fire stuff.

Ecchi: Ecchi usually takes away from a manga, but I feel like it is used fairly well in Let's Lagoon. It is not excessive. It takes more of a realistic approach. The ecchi scenes are there, but they do not take away from the manga overall, in fact I think it adds to the slice of life/realism aspect.

Adventure/Mystery: The plot line becomes something unexpected early on. It is a supernatural type of thing. I won't give it away, but don't expect the whole story to be realistic.

Story: The story is not groundbreaking in any way, but it is done well. It is interesting and makes the reader want to read on. The manga kept my attention, and it was something I did not want to put down. I won't give away what the real story is but it is basically a survival manga that is adventurous.

Art: The art is good. I really like how some things are done such as the map of the island. The art portrays the mood well. Sometimes (not often) it is difficult to know who is talking, but it doesn't take away from the story at all. The art overall is very smooth and fits the manga. I really liked the art.

Characters: The characters are fun and relateable. It is very easy to see where each character is coming from. The choices made by each of them are very realistic, which may be this manga's strongest aspect. The way each person's train-of-thought is shown is a neat aspect. The characters are overall very realistic and relateable. Often times I found myself saying, "Wow, that is exactly how I would have went about the situation."

Overall: This is a fun read that is exciting. I would reccommend reading it for sure if you like survival manga like Cage of Eden or Suicide Island. Even if that is not the case, it is still worth a shot. The manga does not have any aspects that stand out, but all of them come together to make it something great.

I have had this on my Want to Read list for a while now. I started it today and read up to the current chapter with no breaks. I can't pinpoint what exactly made it so fun to read. I would just say give it a go and find out for yourself.