Jsrf38's avatar

Jsrf38

• Pennsylvania
  • Joined Dec 28, 2009

I finally got around to watching Studio Ghibli's Secret World of Arrietty. What a master piece.. The art and animation were superb, like any film by the world's finest: Hayao Miyazaki. The soundtrack is incredible. Never does Studio Ghibli fail to impress me with their music and sound. The story-line they thought up was brilliant; a heart touching adventure into the world of the borrowers. Survival of the fittest is all that is relevant to the poor creatures, and some people ruin it for others. There are always the people that disapprove when they are being supported, and the other way around as well. The characters were alright. The only thing that did not impress me on par with the other elements was just that. Yes, I enjoyed the characters and their personalities, however, it didn't fit it to 'a tea' as I would expect it to. Overall with the characters, I didn't have any problems with them, but they weren't quite what I would have expected. Still yet, I really loved and empathized with the characters. They were cute, bold, and deep all in their own ways. In general, the movie was fantastic! It deserves a high 9/10, and is relatively higher than most of the other films.