default avatar

• Joined Apr 11, 2013
  • 26 / ?

Air

Apr 13, 2013

Anime is an entertainment form. That is to me at least should be the main goal of any anime creator when making their show.

Air! did not entertain me at all. It did only One single thing good and that was get out an amotional response from me. But this response was nothing but sadness. Every time it did anything to make you think things were going to be ok it just got worse and worse and through out the whole series you just felt depressed.

Making people sad isn't in any way a bad thing for entertainment, in fact doing that generally means that the viewer has connected with the characters, Clannad is a good example of this, I felt sad plenty of times but I also felt happy worried and other emotions for them. In Air I only felt sad, and truthfully I wasn't feeling very invested in the characters either. I dread to think how depressed I may have been afterwards had I actually cared about the characters...Which all in all I found them more annoying than anything else.

I was recomended this Anime and watched it all the way through and by the end wish I hadn't. I don't mind sad stories but they really do need some kind of silver lining. Doing nothing but making the watcher depressed right till the end and ending on that emotion isn't a good thing.

I watch Anime to be entertained not to make me want to go cry in a corner. Second the anime was done I boxed it up and never plan to watch it again...Only left bad memories behind and each episode felt like a chore to watch...

Would not recomend.