Jevinie's avatar

• Joined Aug 3, 2013
  • 25 / ?

InuYasha

Jan 12, 2014

As always, I am going to cut to the bone with my review.

Inuyasha at its best is an Epic tale that Follows Inuyasha and his companions across an epic journey in search of shards of the Shikon jewel, or the Jewel of Four souls. During which the crew encounters any number of interesting charcters from Japanese folk lore or directly from the the Shinto mythology. The story progresses well for a while, charcters get good developlement and each have rich back stories that are worth telling.  Inuyasha does an excellent job of Balancing a serious story line with good mx of comic releive and interesting side stories that the crew encounters in their journey.

-BUT-

Towards the end progess in the main story starts to bog down, The series starts to become drawn out and even a bit silly ( taking into account the tempo the rest of the anime set). With this in mind it starts to really damage the story and the fact that they broke the end of the series into a seperate series ( Inuyasha: The final act) is a bit annoying.  How ever despite this, I wouldn't go so far as to say the Anime falls apart ... Rather the Anime has a short time where it seems to forget which direction it was going.

Inuyasha is an anime that I enjoyed at the end of it all, it was worth watching and I recommend it to anyoe interested in it  but who perhaps missed it when it was airing on Toonami/ Adult swim.