JerichoxBarrons's avatar

JerichoxBarrons

• College
  • Joined Nov 28, 2011

So this is my first review on Anime Planet :) I would like to make it good :P

Story: The movie starts off with Sheeta kidnapped on an airship by the army. A bunch of pirates attack the ship and Sheeta falls. Pazu is at work in the mine when he sees her floating down from the sky and catches her. Seeing her crystal he believes that it gives her this power to float. She awakes in his house later and they realize they both want to find Laputa, the hidden island floating in the sky. Pirate people come to Pazus house causing them to run away. The townspeople confront the pirates and a fight ensues. Pazu and Sheeta then get on a train as both pirates and the army chase them. All they want is the crystal, but what could make it so important?

So as far as The Castle in the Sky goes, it was pretty alright. I loved the characters and storyline. Pazu and Sheeta were adorable and brave. I also came to like the pirates. The part where the guys are all helping Sheeta in the kitchen is pretty funny. But I had a few cons about this movie.

So here they are:

• The length of the movie. 2 hours is a long time and I'm sick so I was miserable most of the time.
  • The sound and the animation werent as good as I thought they'd be.
  • Colonel Muska is evil!

The entire movie I wanted to chuck some rocks at him. He is annoying and powerhungry!

Other than that it was a great movie, although not Studio Ghibli's best =/