Jehowi's avatar

Toradora!

Sep 9, 2013

Toradora!

Storyline

9. We follow the daily pursuits of Ryuuji, a Japanese teenager with scary looking eyes and his next-door neighbor Taiga. Ryuuji tries to conquer the heart of his school-crush Minori, who happens to be Taiga’s best friend. Meanwhile Ryuuji finds out that Taiga has a crush on one of his best friends as well, more specifically Yuusaku. Although at first our neighbors don’t seem to get along well, they agree to join forces in order to get closer towards their beloved ones.

Plot and pace

9. Finally a romantic story that actually shows some freaking development. The story kept me entertained until the very end, hence why I finished it in merely three days. The Anime consists of 25 episodes. All of them contain a pleasant combination of humour, romance and character envolvement.

Cliffhangers

8. There’s plenty of things that’ll keep you occupied at the ending of a Toradora! episode: questions that remain unanswered, sudden opinion alterations, secrets being revealed… Yes, this story has it all. I have to commend the inventors of this series for making a simple storyline as this one such a joy to watch.

Satisfying ending

8. The ending was acceptable, perhaps a bit rushed, and not too predictable,  even though the ending was one of conclusions that I predicted after watching a couple of episodes.

Rewatchability

8. As I mentioned earlier on, the creators of Toradora! managed to savor me for the whole series with what’s actually a pretty simple storyline. I’d watch this again someday.

10. One of the things that made this Anime successful, is the variety of intriguing characters. All of them have some distinct characteristics that make them special and loveable in a general sense. For instance, Ryuuji takes care of the household at home, has a fear of stains and mess and ‘mothers’ his own mother. His crush Minori is great at sports (captain of the softball team), overly energetic and ever so absent-minded. Taiga is a rash person with no real plans for the future who’s living all alone in a great mansion next to Ryuuji, but as the story unfolds we get to see another side of her. There are more characters, but you’ll have to find out yourself or you might miss out on one of the most endearing Animes around.

Conversations

7. The conversations are sometimes profoundly and romantic, but most of the time they have a humorous and lighter tone to evoke a smile on the viewer's face.

Art Style

8. Everything looks pretty well in this anime. The art style is pretty modern and is mostly based on ventilating emotions as well as possible. They did a good job at that.

Setting

7. Most of the time is either being spent at Ryuuji’s home or at school, but other (holiday) locations as a beachside and a ski resort are being introduced as well.

Music and sounds

8. The intro song took some time to get used to, but other than that the sound effects and voice casting in this Anime are enjoyable.

Overall score