9.The series is set on a fictional medieval island where humans are plagued by Yoma, humanoid shape-shifters that feed on humans. A mysterious group, known as the The Organization, creates human-Yoma hybrids to kill Yoma for a fee. The public refer to them as "Claymores," alluding to their Claymore swords, or "Silver-eyed Witches," due to their silver eyes. Yoma and Claymore warriors alike are powered by a demonic energy, Yoki, which allows shape-shifting and extreme strength. When warriors use too much Yoki, they "awaken," becoming a super-Yoma called an Awakened Being. The first episode introduces the protagonist of the series: No. 47, Clare, who saves a young boy, Raki, from a Yoma. The next episode flashes back to the time of Teresa, warrior No. 1 of her era. And the young girl she saves from Yoma—Clare. P.S. I used good old wikipedia for this part, because I couldn't figure a way to explain what Claymore actually are :D
Plot and pace
9. Knowing all Claymores will eventually ‘awaken’ and turn into Yoma themselves makes this story very intense and dark from the start. You also get to know that Clare has one true enemy she wants to destroy someday, and the story progresses well towards this fate.
8. Claymore has some excellent cliffhangers, where certain Claymores get heavily injured during a battle, for example.
7. The ending was just so-so. I can’t say much about it here of course xD but I expected a bit more of it. It has an open ending, so you’ll be left with some questions, and I don’t really like that. At the other hand…
7. Because of the cool battles and dramatic events, I’d watch it again.
7. The characters shine out of originality. I liked the mysterious guys from The Organization, but wanted to know more of them than I do after watching this Anime. Clare was cool too, but I couldn’t feel much affection for the other Claymores. They tried dramatizing some of their deaths, but most of them were heartless beings, whereas Clare was different.
7. Claymore depends on action, not on conversations. But the story never gets hard to follow.
10. The silver and golden eyes are just… wow. I always enjoy sharing these images with other people, it makes me proud that I’m one of the few intelligent people in this world that enjoy watching Anime.
9. Clare is always fulfilling her tasks for the Organization, so she has to travel a lot. The setting differs a lot because of this, from towns to snowy hills.
Music and sounds
8. Kickass intro music, and sexy voice-acting ^^.