7. Sota is a 16-year old student who gets recruited to work at Wagnaria, a family restaurant. All of the people who work there seem to have their own strange habits or problems. Sota himself only likes small and cute things, there’s also a girl that has androphobia - she’s scared of men - and a girl that likes to wear a Japanese samurai sword while serving people. All the episodes in Working are about the this family restaurant and its odd workers.
Plot and pace
6. There is a lack of plot in this Anime. The only thing that could be called a plot, is the part where Sato says he’ll cure Mahiru - the androphobic girl - from her sickness, but in the end you’ll still be disappointed by the lack of progress.
5. There are no cliffhangers whatsoever. The reason I still gave this a five, is because sometimes I did hope something would happen, so for the short moments of excitement, I still rated it a five -.-
5. Since it lacks plot and all that happens are conversations between the restaurant workers and their chief, you can’t really say there’s a satisfying ending. If they didn’t say ‘thanks for watching’ at the end of the final episode, I would’ve never expected the series to be over.
6. All episodes seemed the same to me, so I guess not.
9. One of the strongest parts of Working are the characters. They all seem to think they’re the only normal person in the restaurant, while in reality there’s not one totally sane person inside that place. You do get to sympathize with the characters, even with the one that’s hitting men all the time.
9. A big thumbs up for the funny conversations in Working! If it was played by real life actors, it could’ve been a funny comedy film, but without a plot that is. One of the workers always picks on Popura, a 17-year old girl that hates being small, and that was really amusing. Also the part where Sota said: Sigh I’m actually the only normal person inside this restaurant, and when he turns around he sees a doll that the kids get as a present with their menu and wants to keep them for himself, that really cracked me up xD
9. Lovely, the characters all look attractive and realistic. A job well done.
6. Episode one takes place in the restaurant for most of the time, episode 2: the restaurant, episode 3: … You get the point.
Music and sounds
7. Childish but catchy intro song, decent voice-acting.
This review has no comments. Leave one now!