Jehowi's avatar

Mirai Nikki TV

Jan 5, 2013

Mirai Nikki

Storyline

10. 14-year old Yukiteru Amane is a strange fellow that doesn’t have any real friends and writes down everything he sees or does in a diary on his mobile phone. One day the god of time gives his mobile the power to predict the future. Yuki can see what will happen in his future, and it can even predict his death! Soon Yuki finds out that there are eleven other people with similar diaries, each with their own special powers, like deduction, escaping, and so on. They don’t know each other’s identities, but only the last one alive will become the new God of time. First, Yuki is scared of these new powers, but when he's being chased down by one of the diary owners, he gets saved by his classmate Yuno Gasai, a girl that owns a diary as well and loves him unconditionally, although she seems to be hiding something. From this point on it’s kill or be killed. Oh, and one more thing: if your cell phone breaks, it’s game over for you!

Plot and pace

10. There are so many mysterious things happening in this story that certainly gave a boost to the grand finale of Mirai Nikki. Therefore the plot is one of the strongest part of this Anime, and it will develop at a high pace, especially the last episodes are very intense and a lot of - sad - things happen in them.

Cliffhangers

9. Mirai Nikki has a lot of cliffhangers, like one part where someone gets to show Yuki some information he didn’t know about before he disappears. Of course you have to wait until the next episode to find out what it is, and this happens a hell lot in Mirai Nikki. That’s why I couldn’t wait to see the next episode.

Satisfying ending

8. Let me already tell you that the end is astonishing and that the developers did a great job in building up to it. There are clues about the ending scattered throughout the Anime, but you will never be able to guess it! In fact, the ending will turn your whole world upside down because of its originality and its impact on the story.

Rewatchability

10. YES! I can’t wait already to watch it again, and the only thing keeping me from it is that I still got loads of other Animes to watch. You will want to watch this again, knowing how it will end to look for clues and because the strange parts in the story will be clear then.

9. Yuno and Yuki are great characters. A shy and friendly boy that has to kill to survive, and a mysterious girl that doesn’t hesitate to kill anyone that puts Yuki’s life in danger. There are other characters that I also liked a lot, like the police officer and Akise, a clever guy and friend of Yuki.

Conversations

7. The conversations are short and nothing special. The most important things to read are actually the diary entries.

Art Style

9. Very nice and modern. One of the best I’ve ever seen.

Setting

8. Yuki keeps spending time at school, although he’s being chased down by the other diary owners, and at his home, but the backgrounds are often pretty various.

Music and sounds

8. Great soundtrack, good voice-acting, nothing more to be said. I just can’t repeat enough what a must-see this anime is.

Overall score