Jehowi's avatar

Elfen Lied

Jan 5, 2013

Elfen Lied

Storyline

9. Lucy is a diclonius - a person with pink hair two small horns and invisible hands that can reach out pretty far and move at such a high speed that they can catch bullets in mid-air, behead people,… - that escapes from the laboratory where they’re investigating her. The scientist try to track her down and capture her again, but she finds a home to stay at and people who take care of her. She seems to have a split-personality, perhaps by experiencing a childhood tragedy. She’s either a very gentle girl that doesn’t know how to speak, or a deadly weapon of mass murder that doesn’t hesitate to take the lives of the people that want to imprison her again.

Plot and pace

10. Every episode - there’s a total of 11 - is interesting and relevant to watch.

Cliffhangers

8. Quite a few, mostly when they’re introducing other dyclonia to fight Lucy.

Satisfying ending

5. Everything’s great about Elfen Lied, except for this in my opinion. I’m not going to spoil the ending for you, but it left me with a very displeased feeling of hunger and many questions remained unanswered.

Rewatchability

8. Every episode is worth watching, the story is kind of sad and because of the ending you will always think you missed something in between. So yes, you will probably want to watch this again someday.

8. There are not that many characters, but all of them have their own stories and (sad) backgrounds that influence the way they react or how they turn out to be on certain moments in the series.

Conversations

7. There’s not much to say about this. You get to learn a lot about this experiment with dyclonia and how they are formed, but it never really gets difficult to follow.

Art Style

9. I loved the way they drew these dyclonia. Especially the eyes of the innocent Lucy are heartwarming.

Setting

8. It all happens in one city, but most scenes happen at a different place: at home, on a bridge, at the beach, at the park, in the laboratory,…

Music and sounds

7. I know many people like the music, but it’s not really my cup of tea. It is very recognizable, though.

Overall score