Jare's avatar

• Hong Kong
  • Joined Aug 23, 2011

Kid Icarus

Mar 17, 2012

I stumbled upon this 3-minute/3-episode-short "anime" on the home page, hoping it would be one of those animes that I randomly find and turn out to be quite worthwhile. Sadly, I was wrong.

The main plot is the God of Death, A.K.A. Thanatos, some flamboyant monster with a talking skull on top of his real head, is on a rampage to destroy a city or two. It's up to the protagonist, Pit, to stop him. Pit is aided by the Power of Flight, which is granted to him by a goddess. Sounds like a typical action/fantasy anime, yes? I guess that's why I didn't really like it too much.

However, the only reason I actually gave Kid Icarus: Thanatos Rising a rating higher than 1 is because there were a few jokes I actually found funny. The "blog" & "flip flops" joke made me chuckle. And at the end, Thanatos screams "raaaage quit!"

Anyway, I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone. Not unless they like this sort of.. fantasy/action mix. Oh and, the English dub voice actors sound similar to Pokemon's. Plus, they both have some lame jokes that are bound to make you giggle, so I guess I'd recommend this to anyone who likes Pokemon.

2.5/10 overall