Jare's avatar

Jare

• Hong Kong
  • Joined Aug 23, 2011

Warning: This review may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

After I finished reading Akuma ni Itsukushimi no Te wo, I was surprised at how nobody else on this site had marked it as "read" yet. The story's plot wasn't exactly remarkable, but it was interesting, to say the least.

The plot is mainly about this demon named Rin who seeks exquisite body parts from various humans to assemble his own, "beautiful" body. He finds himself adoring the impeccable, flawless hands of Miwako-san, a great pianist. Rin offers to grant one wish to her in exchange for her lovely hands. However, there's another story to her hands, too. With her sensei's wedding coming up, she was invited to play. Read on to find out the rest of the story.

So, to sum it all up, it's about this demon who finds something he wants, belonging to another human being. She doesn't exactly mind giving them up, but she would be sacrificing something important, for other reasons. Not exactly your everyday manga plot, but the idea has been used a few times. Not that that matters, though.

The art was quite good, as the characters were drawn quite well to match their roles. The background was drawn alright, shadows were drawn well and all. Nothing above ordinary, though.

Overall, I find this manga quite underrated. No, wait, not underrated.. Under-noticed. Not noticed enough. Yeah, those are the words. Fairly good, I'd recommend this to anyone with free time on their hands.

(whew, first manga review!) :D

Jare says...

Yeah, me too. I just can't remember where from.. Hmm. Oh well.

And now that you mention it, it could have been recently added. Dang, didn't think of that. Haha, anyways, thanks for commenting on my review. :)

Jan 24, 2012
Marceus says...

I feel like I've heard a story like this somewhere before... Oh well, it sounds pretty interesting and it can't hurt to read so I'll check it out.

And yeah I'd say it's pretty under-noticed, especially since nobody else here seems to have read it yet (I assume it could have only recently been added though.)

Jan 24, 2012