Jare

High Score

21 DEC
2011

An anime 8 episodes long, yet only 3 minutes each. Quite short, yes? Well, that's one of the things I liked about it. High Score won't take too much of your time, so it's especially good for those of you with short attention spans.

The main character's a self-conceited "Miss Popular" that shares the same characteristics with her boyfriend. Oh, and her parents are crazy, too.

I quite enjoyed the sound effects and the theme song, as it matched well with the show. The voices all suit the characters perfectly. Oddly enough, the theme song can actually be quite catchy. HI-SUUKOAAA HIISUKO-AA, HISUKOAAA~

Personally, what I liked most about High Score was its combination of odd humour plus the way the characters looked like rip-offs of Bleach. But in terms of humour, High Score is WAY more spontaneous than that anime. Random flashy openings & the out-of-nowhere acts of.. *giggles* "violence".

I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys odd, random humour and wants to kill about half an hour with laughter and face-palming.

Other Anime Reviews by Jare

• Sound N/A
  • Characters N/A
  • Overall 6.5/10

Recent Anime Reviews by Jare

comments

Marceus avatar Marceus
Mar 3, 2012

This one was definitely... weird. I suppose I did somewhat enjoy it though and it certainly didn't feel dragged out.

It's style kinda reminds me of Thermae Romae.