default avatar

• Joined Jun 18, 2011
  • ? / M

Desert Punk

Jun 18, 2011

Oh my gawd, I freakin' LOVE this show...for me one of the best, funniest, raunchiest action/comedy Anime I've ever seen...Loved it so much I went out and bought the boxed set later.  (I usually aways do rental first before I commit to a purchase).

Who knew a post-apocalyptic world filled with death and destruction could be so much fun?

I admit, at first, I thought the Desert Punk costume looked kind of dumb, and kept away from this title for at least a year.  Then I happened to watch a trailer for it on a different DVD and said, well, maybe I should give volume 1 a chance.  I'm so glad I did.

The story is so interesting, funny, wise-cracking and action-packed, I was hooked from the very first epsiode.  If you love roguish heroes like Malcom Reynolds of FIREFLY and SERENITY, you'll potentially LOVE Desert Punk.

I won't deny it, this show is definitely aimed at men. The typical female viewer will probably be turned off or slightly offended by this show.  The main character is an unapologetic letch who likes big boobs.

The kind of woman who might like this show...?  Probably someone with tatoos and piercing who isn't afraid to belch in front of the guys, the kind of girl you mostly think of as "one of the guys"...

Luci Christian voices the main character's sidekick, a tween girl named Asuna.  One thing this show does well is character development.  Both the main character and Asuna grow and change as the show progresses.  The show does a good piquing the viewers interest and keeping them coming back for more, episode to episode.  There's lots of gripping action, but also plenty of fanservice and hilarity thrown in between.