InstantReplay's avatar

• Joined Aug 5, 2012
  • 22 / ?

Redline

Oct 14, 2012

Overall, Redline is an ejoyable anime and I would recomend it to anyone who enjoys action movies (espeically anime).

Redline's strong point is definetly the animation and racing sequences, which will have you on the edge of your seat. Sometimes sound effects can be a deal breaker, like when guns sound more like bb guns, but this was not the case. The sound effects compliment the animation very well and I was very impressed overall.

The plot is straight forward, a race car driver named Sweet JP is out to win Redline, the most dangerous and highly regarded race in the galaxy. In all honesty, the plot is nothing special but then again it's not the reason to watch Redline.

There was very little character development (but there was some) and you only really get to know Sweet JP a little bit better. You briefly learn about Sonoshee but only through one of Sweet JP's flashbacks. Despite the lack of character development, I really did like the main characters as well as the side characters.

My main criticism of Redline is that it is too short. There wasn't enough time for Sweet JP and Sonoshee (a girl JP falls for) to develop their relationship and as a result their relationship felt rushed. Had there been another half hour or more to develop Sweet JP and Sonoshee, this could have been a truly amazing movie.

In the end, if you enjoy action and great animation and are willing to look past the lack of character development and plot then you will thoroughly enjoy Redline.