InstantReplay's avatar

• Joined Aug 5, 2012
  • 22 / ?

Bleach

Sep 25, 2012

In all honesty, Bleach is extremely hard to review because there is such a drastic change in quality partway into the anime.

I would say that the first part of the anime (prior to Rukia being captured) is very well done and I would give it roughly an 8.5 out of 10. The characters are solid, and their interactions are humorous. Once Rukia is kidnapped and everyone goes to the spirit world, the anime suffers a serious decline in quality. This is because the manga hadn't finished so they made filler episodes to kill time while the author made more volumes. As result, several episodes go by where nothing is accomplished. The importance of some of the characters is extremely questionable, such as Oriheme. She played almost no important role while they were in the soul society, despire being a main character. If you pay attention then you should notice that there are some parts that make absolutely no sense. I stopped watching Bleach after episode 70-something because it became unberably repetitive.

Closing comments: The first 20 or so episodes are enjoyable and I would reccomend. I would rate those episodes 8.5.

The rest of the series is unbearably repitive and full of cliches. I would rate the rest of the show about 5 out of 10.