IgnisVengeance's avatar

• Joined Sep 21, 2013
  • ? / M

Eureka Seven Ao

Jan 25, 2014

As I write this, im not sure what to think of this. My initial thoughts of this show was “ Eureka 7 sequel? Its all I wanted” and that’s not at all what you will receive. It was not what I expected, and I didn’t like it…. At first

For most of the show, all I could think about was “ who are these characters and why should I care, where is Renton and eureka?” and having those thoughts constantly really distracted me from the anime itself. I ended up resenting that anime and its characters.

I dropped the show for awhile on episode 22 thinking that I would watch it later. I ended up watching it from the beginning a year later after I watched Eureka 7 for the third time. Knowing that this is not the Eureka 7 sequel that I was expecting, I started enjoying what this was a whole lot more.

For one, the animation is a great deal better than eureka 7. There are more lfo fights and action scenes and more “Itano Circus’s”. It has a great ost. And the English voice acting does not suck in the beginning.

AO is not at all the romance anime that eureka 7 was. Its something else; and people don’t see that sadly

I recommend it as a action mecha anime with a intriguing plot, its not what I expected and I like it.

I still hate Elena though…